Friday, February 15, 2008

"My Valentine" By Sam Tease

I can just hear all of the sighs of relief now thatValentine's Day is finally over. For some it is a reminder of what they THINK is missing. The email below reminded me of what true love can be about and in the spirit of upliftment I felt compelled to share. Enjoy....
*******


My Valentine

I have always been a "hopeless romantic", the sentimental one in the group, and the poster child for the "Can't Wait to Fall in Love" community. Anyone who really knows me, knows that I LOVE love…but I haven't had it yet. Every relationship I've ever had, I've always been grateful for the men who have come and gone because they have truly contributed to who I am today. The heartache and never feeling good enough, then, rip me apart over and over again, but now provides an idea of comfort that "there is so much in store for me". Yet, as a single woman of God, constantly and consistently pursuing a deeper and intimate level with Christ, I've come to realize how disillusioned I've been. I've had love all along…but never accepted it as my own…until now.
I've been desiring a love that knows me for me. That is unwavering and unconditional. That supports me when I'm falling. That loves me inspite of myself. That sees me and thinks longevity and not temporary moments of satisfaction. I've been patiently waiting for God to send me my "help mate"; the strategically designed man that God has made just for me…simply because I don't think I've met him yet. And if I have, I know that neither of us are ready for each other just quite yet.But I've come to realize the unmerited and divinely favored love of Jesus that He has given me all along. It dawned on me- how can I expect this idea of "flawlessness" from man?

I've learned that the main reason I've experience such heartache in my past relationships is because I have been expecting aspects of people's character that simply aren't there. I've looked for honesty and sincerity in dishonest and insincere people, comfort and contentment in the temporary, and greatness and eminence in mediocrity.
I'm done.I'm worth more.

So today, tomorrow, and for the rest of my life, I am reverencing the true Love of my life that has been more to me than a man or this world could ever be. He has been there through it all. He never left me for someone else. He never played me like a fool. He never took me off a shelf when He needed attention and then put me back when He was done. He never lied or has given me half of Himself. He never made me His secret, part-time, or short term girl. He made me virtuous to withstand the winds of the world and the tides of the day. He is my true love. He is my beat of my heart.He is my peace of mind.

He is my Valentine.-- Tamra E. Sease

No comments: