MEN’S GROOMING TIPS
As seen on Head Bussa http://www.headbussa.net/
This is Marv the Barb with your first of many grooming tips for today’s multi-dimensional man. Too many times we as men will pick up a razor and start hacking away at our face with what result? Intense razor burn and a shoddy shave that has the 5 o’clock shadow creeping faster than an Anderson Silva strike. Today’s edition will focus on the fundamental part of being a man, SHAVING.
This is the right way to shave and can be applied to all men regardless of skin type:
1. Wash your face with a facial cleanser.
2. Massage the face with pre-shaving oil. This will relax and protect your skin from the razor
3. Apply a hot towel to the face to relax the bearded areas
4. Apply warm shaving cream to the face. Optional: Shaving Brush (badger brush)
5. Apply a hot steamed towel to the face to relax the hair bristles, for an easier shave
6. Apply razor to the face, stroke with the grain of the hair growth.
If necessary, re-lather the face for a complete shave.Optional: straight razor or disposable razor
7. After hair has been shaved, use a cool towel to remove any hair and shaving cream residue
8. Apply an after shave lotion or balm to the cleaned shaved areas.
Recommended Products: Art of Shaving, Clubman, Gentlemen’s Refinery, Woodys.
Marv the Barb is a celebrity barber stylist based in the District of Columbia. Working just minutes from the White House, Marv has styled everyone from Secret Service Agents to Stevie Wonder. He travels to the West Coast frequently to style celebrities on sets, magazine photo shoots and annual events such as ESPN’s ESPY Awards. For more info go to http://www.marvthebarb.com/.